Lighting Your Property

Another hazard under the HHSRS (Housing Health And Safety Rating System) you need to consider is light.

Two Types Of Light

Initially there are two types of light your property needs to be receiving, artificial and natural light.

Artificial Light“Any light source that is produced by electrical means.
Artificial lighting has many different applications and is used
both in home and commercially.”
Natural Light “The light from the sun : sunlight indoor photographs made in natural light.”

The dictionary defines artificial light as light that is formed via electrical means, this being through your light bulb, whilst natural light is any light formed by the sun. Typically, natural light is received throughout the day whilst artificial light occurs at night.

What should you be doing?

When it comes to natural light, you should ensure the windows are not blocked and are free to let enough sunlight in. Alternatively, when it comes to artificial light maintaining your electricity supply is vital, whilst using the most efficient bulbs will help keep your property lit. Openview TaskManager allows your tenants to report a fault with their lightbulb or electricity supply online, instantly, allowing you to respond immediately, solving the issue whilst keeping you compliant with HHSRS standards.

There are many things you should be doing before, during and after the tenancy to maintain your property’s light source, we’ve put together a useful guide you can use, exclusively available for our Openview and VTUK users on our Openview Enterprise Facebook Group.

Share Post
Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on skype
Share on email
Share on whatsapp
Blog Categories

Please Note

Our website isn’t compatible with this browser, please use either Chrome, Firefox or Edge.